Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The word "No"

The word "No"

To some it's a word that comes easy to them. Some abuse it. Some are afraid of it.

But according to Boundaries, the ability to use the word is essential to living a healthy, whole and peaceful life.

The word No means you won't allow certain things into your life.

For example: You may have a friend ask you to try drugs. You know that you don't want to do drugs for many reasons. But, if you are afraid say no then you have just allowed drugs into your life.

Not learning how to say no can very negatively affect you as a person. You cannot protect yourself from evil and harm if you cannot say no

_

There is a flip side to this though.

Some people abuse the word no. They aren't afraid to say no. They will say no to whatever they please. But, that comes at a cost. Saying no to someone in need. Saying no when its in your power to help someone. Saying no just because it gives you the "control". These are not from God. That is selfishness. God did not give us a voice so we could abuse it. He gave us these gifts so that we could do "the good things that he has prepared for us to do"

Personally, I am a mix of the two. I have a long way to go before I will feel satisfied with my character. But I take it a day at a time and I know that I must keep my eye on the goal and on Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment